Total Pageviews

Tuesday 14 July 2015

Pact coffee (Fruit & Nut)

www.pactcoffee.com
Pact coffee is a London based coffee subscription site.  It works by picking a frequency of how often you would like coffee, and they simply send you a bag of freshly roasted coffee (with free postage) that normally comes the next day.  The latest they send you coffee is 7 days after roasting, keeping it nice and fresh - but if you go for pre-ground, it also means you can get it to rest for a few days before getting it ground and sent.  This should help bring as many flavours out as possible.  The packaging is also quite clever, as the bag of coffee fits in a large cardboard envelope - This fits through most post boxes, meaning you also don't have to wait in all day to get your well-needed coffee.

The customer service of this company is better than what I have received from various other companies.  I cancelled my subscription after a few bags last year, as I simply couldn't afford it - This year, I got a call from them asking if I wanted a free bag! So obviously I accepted, and thought I would give it another try.  This first bag was lost in the post, but after telling them, they straight away sent a second bag and recommended how long to rest the coffee for.  The customer service team reply very quickly and seem to also know a lot about the different coffee's that they sell. (Had a couple fails, but Ruth Smith helped! Some great customer service!)
There is a decent range of coffees, with 6 caffeinated and a chocolaty decaffeinated blend.  These range from sweet and fruity filter profile coffee's to fruity espresso's. to dark chocolate espresso blends.  I am pretty sure that all of the blends are from Brazil and Columbia - These are often chocolatey but also often sweeter or fruity,  These can often also lack flavour however.  I did order a bag around a year ago of Marmalade Espresso blend from Brazil and El Salvador. This was quite sweet, though didn't have massive amounts of flavour in my opinion.  However, I will not rate this or focus much on it, as this time last year I didn't have quite as good of a machine as now, and I was less experienced with flavours of coffee.  Thinking back about this blend, it would probably have still been nice as filter brewed.

The Fruit and Nut espresso has quite a dark crema, which as a flat white is quite nutty and a tiny bit earthy at first, mixed with a gorgeous creamy milk chocolate flavour.  As the coffee goes along, there is a slight citrus orange hint.  The second flat white that I made with this was a little more chocolatey I think, with a slight almond hint.  I could taste very slight hints of grape and berry, balanced with a slight lemon citrus hint.  For Flat White, I would rate this 4.4/5, as it was really tasty, but just couldn't taste enough of the fruit! There were definitely slight hints, just could do with being a little stronger in my opinion.  


No comments:

Post a Comment